Saturday, September 25, 2010

ippity Blossom Flatter-day: Carisa Zglobicki

Hello there! Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday...
it's me Karen, and ...
I am THRILLED to be flattering our very own

Ippity Blossom
"CARISA ZGLOBICKI"


Today we are  gonna  learn more about our FABULOUS ippity Blossom Carisa, and continue to see more of her AWESOME ippity projects!  So, here we go...


General Questions

o Tell us a little about yourself. {Family, location, background, job, kids, etc.}
I live in Colorado now but grew up in Florida. I have been married nearly 10 years to my high school sweetheart & we have 3 kids, Tolla is 5, Teagan is 3 and Trey is 6 months old. I work from home & dream of one day owning my own papercraft online store!


Stamping Questions

o How did you first get involved in stamping?
A friend invited me to a SU! party just before I got pregnant with my first. I loved it of course, but then really didn't think much more about it and just did it here & there when she was a baby. After my 2nd was about 2, I found this amazing little community called SCS, found an amazing stamp company TGF that happened to be local and the rest is history I suppose. I fell in love with coloring images with Copics! My collection is S-L-O-W-L-Y growing but I finally broke into the 100's this week with my latest copic order! LOL

o What is your stamping style?
I think it's widely varied, I just love ALL styles so will give it a try if something appeals to me. Right now, I'm into distressing a lot, I love tearing and inking edges. But I also love working with CAS cards as well. I think that is what drew me to {ippity} is that I needed something opposite of coloring images - I need variety in order to keep interest. Hmmm, maybe I have stamping ADD.....

o Tell us about your creative process
Oh my goodness, my creative process is as scattered as I am! LOL Sometimes I start with PP, then pick out my image and color. Other times it's the complete opposite & I'll start with coloring an image & then hope to find PP that matches!! I almost ALWAYS use a sketch though. It really helps me to visualize what I want my card to be.

o What is your favorite {ippity} stamp set and why?
I absolutely LOVE Moon Beams & Heart Strings - I've been making TONS of baby cards & gifts with it, like I shared with my Ippity Blossoms project.

o How often do you stamp?
I stamp almost EVERY day at various times when I can catch a few minutes here & there. Somedays I just color & then the next day I'll create the card. On really good days, I'll get from start to finish, LOL, but if I don't take a few minutes to at least sit at my craft desk at some point, I feel frazzled!

o How long does it take you to make a project you are happy with?
I take a really long time coloring, but if I'm not doing very much coloring, I can usually be happy with something in 30 minutes.

o What does your craft room look like? {messy, clean, etc.}
Oh my goodness, my desk is a mess!!!! As is my closet. I keep saying if only I could get those really great organizing cubbies, I'd be good, but who am I kidding?! LOL It's a creative mess, that's for sure.

o What is your biggest paper crafting challenge?
Thinking outside the box. I see people do some amazing things & think to myself, why didn't I think of that! LOL


{ippity} Chicks

o What is the name of your Ippity Sales Blog?
Ippity Chick Carisa

o What made you decide to start selling Ippity?
I saw my friend posting about being an ippity chick and I was like, hmm, what is that? then I saw the stamps & thought OMG, I MUST do that!!! So, I did!

o Tell us about your experience selling Ippity
It's been slow for me, I've had a few internet sales here & there but the best part of it is meeting all the other amazing other chicks & being inspired ALL.THE.TIME. I love that & I'm looking forward to focusing more on building my business by doing craft fairs this fall & trying to network with my daughter's school now.


Just for FUN Questions

o What is your favorite quote?

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. by Eleanor Roosevelt.

o What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Stuff that needs to be thrown out! LOL

o What would your dream vacation be?
Just to go to a really posh hotel anywhere in the world and hole myself up there to relax & sleep. LOL One night of uninterrupted sleep would be a dream!

Thanks for stopping by today!!  
Be sure to visit Carisa's blog for more ippity inspiration, 
purchase of ippity stamps, and don't forget her sale...
20% off all orders through the end of the month!!!

Come back nextTuesday, when we'll have a new ippity Blossom for you!

Hugs & Smiles,
Karen


Locate an Ippity Chick!

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are just beautiful. It was nice to get to know you Carisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carisa!!! Loved getting to know more about you!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to get to you know you better!! Your cards are Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete