Thursday, February 25, 2010

That's How Thursday-Altered Picture Frame Tutorial

Hello everyone and Happy Thursday!

I'm super excited to be with you today and share
one of my FAVORITE alterable pieces!

I alter picture frames A LOT!
They make fun an inexpensive gifts!
{Graduations, Weddings, Birthday, Valentine's, Christmas, etc.}

The frame was $3.99
The accessories, when broken down came to $1.90
So here were the supplies I started with, MINUS the letters.
{I decided not to add the letters at the very end.}

Step 1: Gather SuppliesStep 2: Paint your frame with acrylic paints
{Set frame aside to dry, about 10 min}Step 3: Stamp your images on the acrylic paint with inks
{For this project, I used Moon Beams & Heart Strings}
Step 4: Alter according to style and taste and occasion.Step 5: Final step is to insert picture of your choice.
Pretty easy and simple alterable project as well as inexpensive.
You can use any kind of archival glue, they will hold, but I like
to use my Hot Glue Gun for that added strength.Hugs all and happy creating!
Heather R.

15 comments:

  1. OMG Heather! I love this! Adorable pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just to cute. I just love this stamp set and love all the embellishments you added too. Cute pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! Super cute! I may have to make one soon. Thanks for sharing!! Adorable baby too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lace on this with these stamps, and baby is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me Heather!! This is so wonderful!! I simply adore how you altered this and think that those moonbeams make a gorgeous border for the bottom of that frame!! And your little Adam is quite cute too!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Heather!! That is adorable...I love how you made this frame!! Love the little baby pic too..so cute!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Heather! This is absolutely adorable!!! I Love it! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow!!! This is stunning and what a cheap gift that would WOW anyone. Love the paper (and the ribbon) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable......and the frame's cute too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How completely adorable is this frame (and your sweet baby)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!! You totally rocked this!!! So so very cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Heather.. Fantastic Project.

    ReplyDelete