Friday, February 19, 2010

Fresh Idea Friday-tacky to terrific!

Good morning {ippity} peeps! So is everyone still riding high from the new release????? I sure am. I can't put down these stamps....that's good thing, right?!!! Thanks for a fun week and all the amazing support from you all.
So, am I the only person who buys a planner 2 months into the new year??? What was I thinking, believing I could get along without one in my purse???? On the hunt for something cute and petite, I realized NO ONE had planners or pocket calenders left in stock. I did find this one at the $1 store, but I hated the cover. Thanks to this fabulous craft/hobby, and all my new stamps still calling my name, I said, "DUH! I can make it waaaay cuter!" and that's what I did. So my planner goes from Tacky to Terrific in just a short 30 minutes.
Probably NO shocker that I used Where You Should Be for this. It's been such a HOT seller and I just ♥ ADORE IT!!! Contact your {ippity} Chick to get your hands on it. Paper is Garden Variety by Cosmo Cricket. I made the dp even cuter, by stamping those leaves in Momento rich cocoa ink. Since I had to keep everything flat and not use a ton of layers, the sentiment was stamped in the same ink and highlighted with some Copics on a kraft blossoms die cute piece. I even stamped up the back of the planner. Just stamped and colored in some of the leaves with Copics.
The whole thing is wrapped up and protected with a little plastic cover.
Give it ago, customize something in your purse or home today-a planner, a checkbook cover, a journal. It's fun and now I have something terrific to carry around with me.

Just a friendly reminder: Clean your acrylic blocks, today, if they're dirty. You'll be amazed at how well they hold the stamps, again! Yep, learned that one from experience yesterday!

Hugs, Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lisa! I love this new cover! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you took this blah cover and made it your own. This is just beautiful and so inspiring. I just love love love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa this is great!! I have so many of those tacky journals and planners that need to be recovered!! You have inspired me to do so!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! No you aren't the only one who waits, I still haven't gotten one. So I hope I can find one! I just love how the ugly one says "fashion" on it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cover girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny...I was just at Kohl's the other night and they had their year pocket planners for free, so I grabbed two. So, no Lisa you are not the only one...ha! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LISA I LOVE THIS...YOU have totally INSPIRED me...this is my kinda project! Thanks for sharing - it is absoluetly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute way this has been dressed up! Love..love..love it Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Can`t wait to get my stamp set in the mail!

    ReplyDelete