Thursday, February 3, 2011

That's How Thursday's.. Making Ippity Brads.

Good Morning Everyone
Angie here taking over That's How Thursday.

I am going to tell you 2 different ways of making brads with your ippity stamp.
the first way it to get out those itops if you have one and use them again.
I just got mine in the mail a month ago and for the first time I am using it. I love it!
the second way is a video from the Sweet Beate, easy instructions.
Here is a photo of the brads I made for my H{ippity} Hop card this week for the
IHHTC2 challenge.

LOVE


first gather your tools, scrap paper, copics, stamp of choice. I used on of the stamps from the How You Doin'


stamp your image out

colour it all in


now taking the templated draw the shape out.


you are going to cut it out and place it on your brad head


insert the imaged template and brad on the round part of the itop.. the top with the plastic piece on top.


all the sides need to be folded in.


insert your bottom part of the brad in the hole of the other side and push together.


Once pushed together it all comes together. LOVE that.
now take your brad out.


here it is, you can leave it this way and just use on any project.


Or you can use some glossy accents on the top


the itop comes in lots of sizes. I also did the little ippity butterfly on a smaller one.
How if you have unglossy brads you can add an image on top of the brad and colour it in.

now here is a video that Beate did using some wooden bowls from Michaels.

Sorry I couldn't upload the video.. so here is the link below.
Faux Brads

have a great creative day!!

Angie Blom


Locate an Ippity Chick!

4 comments:

  1. love your card and brads, angie:) thanks for the great beate link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty I love colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, Angie--this is super cute! LOOOOOOVE it! I need one of these tools! MUST GET!! I wanna be like YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your card and love your handmade embellishments. I want one of these tools. Thanks so much for always sharing your creative tips and talent with us.

    ReplyDelete