Saturday, January 15, 2011

Flattering Angela Fehr

I am back, just like I promised on Tuesday! 

Are you ready to learn some fabulous things about this awesome {ippity} chick???


Here we go... Angela Fehr was super sweet to share a little bit about herself:

  • Tell us a little about yourself.
    I'm a 33 year old artist and mom of three living in northern British Columbia, Canada.  In my teens, I lived in a remote tribal village in Papua New Guinea where my parents were missionaries. I always think that adds interesting colour to my background! I am passionately creative and make art every single day, between homeschooling my two daughters, aged seven and six, corralling my four-year-old son, helping my husband run his construction contracting business, doing some freelance writing and graphic design work, and running our household as an at-home mom.
  • How did you first get involved in stamping?
    When I was sixteen and living overseas, someone sent us a letter that had a heat-embossed stamped image on the bottom.  I saw it and thought immediately, "I don't know what that is called, but when I get back to Canada, I am going to learn how to do it!" Seventeen years later, I am still stamping with some of the same stamps I bought back then.

  • What is your stamping style?
    I'd like to call it retro chic. I am always inspired by classic vintage images and designs. And I love making altered items for home decor.
  • Tell us about your creative process
    In scrapbooking, I start with a photo, but otherwise I am product-driven, starting with a stamp or a sheet of paper, and building from there.
  • What is your favorite {ippity} stamp set and why?
    I am currently in love with the Cherish Your Dreams set. It is vintage, is great for both card making and scrapbooking, and is just beautiful. Farm Fresh is another favourite, for the retro look!
  • How often do you stamp?
    I papercraft (usually with stamping) almost every day. My kids all have quiet time in the afternoon, and I pull out my papers then.
  • How long does it take you to make a project you are happy with?
    My friends tell me I work fast! At a recent evening crop I made three layouts in 4 hours. But who's counting? I just want to smile when I open my scrapbooks.
  • What does your craft room look like? {messy, clean, etc.}
    My craft room also doubles (quadruples?) as storage, play room and office, so it looks messy even when it's clean. It's not pretty, but it's very functional.
  • What is your biggest paper crafting challenge?
    I'm spendy! My New Year's resolution is to use more of what I have before I start buying more. Hard to do with all the New Year's sales on right now!
  • What is the name of your Ippity Sales Blog?
    Scraps From My Table
  • What made you decide to start selling Ippity?
    I loved the stamps but wanted to buy them from within Canada.
  • Tell us about your experience selling Ippity
    I am excited to be able to present a product I can be excited about. The quality is excellent, and the variety of designs means there's something for every stamper. I'm looking forward to what the new year has to hold.
  • What song best describes you?    
    I'm wracking my brain, maybe "I Like to Move It, Move It" I know I sound like an overachiever!
  • If you were stranded on a desert island what are the three things you would bring?  
    Books to read, mocha mix and bug spray.
  • What is your favorite quote?  
    I love so many! One that I apply to my art is: "I am interested in art as a means of living a life; not as a means of making a living." Robert Henri

  • What would I find in your refrigerator right now?  
    It's full! Fruits & veggies, lunch meats, cheese and more cheese, dips and yogurt and leftover pizza.
  • If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?  
    I'd like the gift of being able to live without sleep. Think of all I'd get done!
  • If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?  
    The Life of Angela Fehr - I bet you were hoping for something more creative! How about, I'm Not Sure How I Find the Time to Get So Much Done But Thanks for Asking!
  • What would your dream vacation be?  
    We haven't been on many vacations, but I think we all want to go somewhere with a beach!
Here are TWO MORE great layouts from this girl!!!



Isn't it amazing!  I love how she used the stamps from Here and Now, Party Hat Wishes, and Gurnsey Gingham.


Lots of fun going on here too with all that {ippity} goodness!!!  Thanks for sharing your fabulous projects!

Don't forget to check out Angela's blog  
and that you get FREE shipping for orders over $50 this week.
Lisa Arana



Locate an Ippity Chick!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Flattering day with Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being so wonderful as to share me and my work! It's been fun being a Blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layouts! I love them! Nice to read all about you Angela! :)

    ReplyDelete