Saturday, June 5, 2010

Flattering Elisabeth!!

Hi there! Happy Saturday...it's me Karen, and ...
I am SUPER EXCITED to FLATTER

ippity chick..Elisabeth Ostrowski!!! 
I've thoroughly enjoyed learning more about our friend Elisabeth
and I know you will enjoy learning more about her too!  So, here we go...

A little bit about SUPER TALENTED and CREATIVE Elisabeth...

I’m a 45 year old mother of three and my eldest daughter just got married last week! I’m a Registered Nurse and I work full time as a Case Manager. I have a Golden Retriever named Murphy who likes to keep me company in my craft room.

• How did you first get involved in stamping?

I started scrapbooking about 7 years ago. One day I was looking for something to do to waste a bit of time and I noticed a little stamp store in the plaza where I was getting some coffee. Since I used to be a nerdy stamp collector when I was a little girl, I thought it might be fun to take a look around. Well, it turned out that it wasn’t a store for stamp collectors after all…when I walked through that door I felt I had been dropped into a wonderful dream. I ended up working and teaching at that store for years, and even though I eventually moved out of state I still visit whenever I can!

• What is your stamping style?

Comfortable…my style is whatever makes me feel right at a given time. Sometimes clean and simple, sometimes shabby chic, frequently aged and distressed, but almost never cutesy.

• Tell us about your creative process.

I sit and stare a lot. Then I move stuff around. Then I stare some more.

• What is your favorite {ippity} stamp set and why?

No favorite, I love them all! (But if I were pressed to just choose one it would probably be A Bit of Burlap, because I see myself using that stamp with all the other sets!)

• How often do you stamp?

I try to get a little something done every day, even if it’s just sitting and starring.

• How long does it take you to make a project you are happy with?

Anywhere from hours to days, usually closer to days. (see above for my creative process – staring takes time and shouldn’t be rushed)

• What does your craft room look like? {messy, clean, etc.}

Usually it’s neat and clean with a place for everything. I have three closets and I live 20 minutes away from IKEA. Right now it looks like a bomb exploded in there. Or a piñata filled with scraps of paper.

Hey, Elisabeth's one "SWEET IPPITY CHICK"!

• What is the name of your Ippity Sales Blog?

Stamp{ippity} http://stampippity.blogspot.com/

• What made you decide to start selling Ippity?

I vend at a local monthly crop and {ippity} stamps are the perfect addition to my vending table. I also teach a class at the crop and I always incorporate some stamping in my projects using the {ippity} sets.

• Tell us about your experience selling Ippity

It’s been such a joyous experience! From teaching the ladies at the crop about stamping techniques to the weekly hops and challenges, I’ve enjoyed every minute of it!

Now, let's listen closely to what else Elisabeth has to share with us...

• What song best describes you?

Nothing came to mind, so I googled “What song describes me” and found a quiz. It said “How To Save a Life” by The Fray. I listened to the song, and didn’t see any resemblance, so I really thought about it. Poems. Prayers and Promises by John Denver, or almost any song by John Denver, really.

• What is your favorite quote?

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

• What would I find in your refrigerator right now?

Cold pressed coffee concentrate, organic 2% milk, organic lettuce (grown in containers on my deck) Hot pepper salad and some ricotta and mozzarella. (I’m making lasagna tomorrow)

• What would your dream vacation be?

A cottage and boat in northern Canada - Fishing and a bunch of good books. Lucky me, I’ll be living the dream in August!

Lastly, check out these GORGEOUS creations that Elisabeth's created!!
I adore everything about this card! I mean...the colors, the distress..the "pop", and the way she stamped those gorgeous images from the "Simple Things" set...WOW..stunning card!!


Not to mention, the rustic..vintage..totally gorgeous feel to this framed work of art!!  I love the little scene she created with the "Devoted" stamp set!!  This would make any wall shine!!


I just love how the "Regal Greetings" stamp set was used and how Elisabeth embossed with that sparkly blue!  The distressing and coloring on the stamp is fabulous, along with the great big bow to go with this striking card..yummy!!


If you would like to see more of Elisabeth's creative "works of art",
please drop by Elisabeth's blog
or and give her a little shout here on the ippity blog today!!
I know she'd love to hear from you!!

Thanks for letting us all get to know you just a little more sweet ippity chickie Elisabeth
& thank you for sharing your AMAZING ippity creations!!

Hugs & Smiles,
**Karen**

10 comments:

  1. WOW the cards are amazing and just love your creative style Elizabeth. It was really nice to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card style, elisabeth! your creative process sounds alot like mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous Ippity creator!!! Love getting to know you Elizabeth!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am blessed to see Elizabeth's art at our monthly crops and I can tell you she is an inspiration. So nice to see her being featured here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to get to know you Elisabeth, STUNNING creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to get to know you Elizabeth. fabulous cards and projects always. CANADIAN Woohoo!! love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Nice to meet you Elisabeth! Love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Elisabeth, thanks for letting us get to know you better! Enjoyed the article and love your work...wooohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Elisabeth's work and it was so nice to know a little more about this fabulous Ippity Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. Beautiful cards and projects.
    i love your creative process.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete